IS HOME DUCT CLEANING NECESSARY OR BENEFICIAL?
Unfortunately, there is not a lot of air duct cleaning information out there and people want to know more about home duct cleaning these days due to concerns about indoor air pollution, mold and other allergens. While there is not a lot of duct cleaning information available, there is plenty of information about the dangers of mold, dust and other allergens in the home and one way these substances can be spread and dispersed throughout the home is through the air ducts of a home heating and cooling system. We’ve examined the available literature on the subject and put together some helpful guidelines to follow.
PROFESSIONAL AIR DUCT CLEANING
When there is visible mold in the air ducts. Keep in mind that not all portions of your home air duct system will be easily visualized so you may need a professional to examine the system in order to determine if there is mold anywhere inside. Also keep in mind that some substances may look like mold but not really be mold. You can have a professional test any suspicious substances to determine if you are really dealing with mold or not.
When there is excessive dust or debris in the air ducts or if you can see that dust and debris being dispersed into your home when the heating and cooling system is turned on. Keep in mind that it is normal for some dust to accumulate inside air ducts, but dust typically clings to the sides of the ducts and is not always dispersed into the home. A professional can examine your system and let you know if dust or debris is excessive if you’re not sure.
When there is insect or rodent infestation of the air ducts. Insect and rodent droppings frequently spread disease and can be very dangerous. If you see any evidence of infestation, you should have your air ducts professionally cleaned as soon as possible.
DON'T WAIT UNTIL ALLERGIES AND ASTHMA ARE MAKING YOUR FAMILY MISERABLE
NADCA says homeowners should clean air ducts under these circumstances:
• Every three to five years. Be wary of a contractor who suggests more frequent cleanings.
• When you move into a new home, unless you know the previous homeowner serviced the air ducts within the last three years.
• After building a new home. It's likely the ducts have built up debris from drywall dust and other materials used during the construction phase.
• After completing a home remodeling project. Construction projects spread sawdust throughout the home, and unless you go to lengths to protect the ducts, the dust will extend into the ductwork.
• If you have pets in the home that shed fur and dander. Duct cleaning and effective home cleaning practices can help to prevent it from spreading throughout the home
What's In Your Ducts??
Spot Pros Carpet Cleaning
NOW OFFERING CARPET CLEANING SERVICES IN STOCKTON AND THE GREATER SACRAMENTO AREA